Eckhorn 18 Corner Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I once had one Eckhorn18 and it was impressive! But it is very large, plus you should have concrete or brick walls, wooden walls may be too unstable...

Here is some more information with hints on other drivers.

The Geisterhorn is a design from a German DIYer using a 15-inch driver and a simpler construction. Opinions about it are positive though I didn't listen to it yet.

There also was an article about recalculating the Eckhorn18 for smaller drivers, Eckhorn12 for example...

Bye,

Spatz

Eckhorn & Some Alternatives

Hmmm ...

Now I am confused. What you are pointing to seems to be a different version.

Note that in this PIC (all the info that I have) that the loudspeaker is further forward and there is another fold in the path from throat to mouth.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An article was published in the German magazine, Hobby Hi Fi, No. 2, 2003, covers the Eckhorn that you are looking for. An e-mail to the editor may get you a copy of it. See:

Inhalt HOBBY HiFi 2/03

All folded corner horns require crossovers set at a frequency below the operating range of most available midrange compression drivers. Of these, the Klipsch Jubilee is less demanding in this regard. It uses (2) 12" drivers instead of just one large 15 or 18" driver. For your convenience, I have attached the Jubilee drawings.
The Electro voice Patrician, Circa 1950's, is a 4-way system that uses a Klipsch base horn section designed for an 18" driver. Crossover to the mid range drivers is set at 300 Hz. Construction drawings are available for this design as well, but the problem of finding compression drivers suitable for mid range coverage remains..
Regards,
WHG

Attachments

• FINAL%20W%205BY9.gif
    FINAL%20W%205BY9.gif
    150.8 KB · Views: 484
  • MB%20W%20DRONE.gif
    MB%20W%20DRONE.gif
    109 KB · Views: 432
  • MB%20WO%20DRONE.gif
    MB%20WO%20DRONE.gif
    108.4 KB · Views: 284
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.