woofer replacement suggestion...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am searching for a pair of either 6.5" or 8" (4ohm) replacement woofers for a JBL STADIUM speaker.

I would like to keep the price under $100 for the pair. Any recommendations?

Stadium Speaker specs as follows:
Frequency response (-3 dB): 36 to 20000 Hz
Maximum recommended amplifier power: 225 W
Power handling: 110 W continuous, 440 W peak
Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1m): 91 dB
Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
Crossover frequency: 300 Hz, 4000 Hz
Low-frequency transducer: Dual 8-inch (200-millimeter) PolyPlas, shielded
Midrange transducer: 4-inch (100-millimeter) PolyPlas, shielded
High-frequency transducer: 0.75-inch (19-millimeter) titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide
Dimensions: 9.875 x 40.25 x 15.75 inches / 251 x 1022 x 400 millimeters (WxHxD)

Last edited:
All the information that you've listed is of little practical use. What is needed is the measured T/S parameters of the drivers you wish to replace.

May I ask why you wish to replace them?

I can tell you that it's not a drop in, and turn on project. Depending on the drivers involved you will most likely need to redesign the crossover, change the cabinet alignment and hopefully, at the end of the day, they may sound OK. This stuff can be, and often is, very complex with many variables involved, that must be addressed if the outcome is to be satisfactory.

I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it is based on some experience.

Best Regards,
TerryO

The drivers were damaged beyond repair, and I can't find the T/S parameters.

I had hoped to salvage the tweeter, midrange, and crossover versus buying all new parts for my center channel.

Just looking for something with similar power handling/output that will play nice with the crossover. Building a new enclosure isn't out of the question.

Does the JBL site show replacement woofers? If so, what are they asking for them? If they're reasonably priced that might be your best bet.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Yeah, I just ordered them from their site. (My workplace site doesn't sell parts) They said $43 each but when I added them to my cart they were only $35 a piece. So got the pair for $70 (free shipping)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.