'Jubilo' 3 way active loudspeakers, construction diary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some more fotos of the gluing process. 2010-04-25

PICT0030_s.JPG

PICT0033_s.JPG

PICT0036_s.JPG

PICT0043_s.JPG

Wow. They look nice. The technique is very similar the only diference is in the side wall, where I had used 6 layers of thin MDF. How tall are the stands?

This curved cabinets are very pretty :)

Thanks, they are 60cm tall. With the top plate, plinth and spikes I'll be looking at around 65cm total height I think.

The hardest thing I've found with using this kind of construction is clamping the sides on. Where did you get those clamps that you're using? I've seen them before and I'm using a similar thing but on a much smaller scale.

Last edited:
2010-08-02

Cuts in the front baffle
P1060752.JPG

Bought the binding posts :)
P1060750.JPG

Started to sand the excess of wood and glue in the top and bottom of the cabinets with a belt sander and a final touch by hand.

P1060744.JPG

After applied some betumen to get a smother surface.

P1060745.JPG

Some more sanding by hand

P1060760.JPG

P1060765.JPG

And the tweeters arrived also :D Excellent packaging by Europe-Audio
P1060767.JPG

Hi all. Some more photos of the front baffles preparation (2010-08-11)

P1060908.JPG

Experimenting some proprietary tools :spin:

P1060910.JPG

P1060912.JPG

P1060914.JPG

P1060917.JPG

When using the jigsaw to make round cuts in the wood it is very important to use the correct blade. In the pictures bellow I'm showing one blade to make cuts in a straight line, while the smaller blade is more appropriate to make "curved" cuts, especially if they are very sharp, this is because the dents in the blade make a larger cut in the wood than the overall thickness of the blade allowing it to turn inside the cut. Using the wrong blade may ruin your work.

P1070197_S.JPG

P1070199_s.JPG

Thanks Matt and welcome to the forum.

I want to paint the front baffle an the top of the enclosure in black, maybe in piano black, don't know yet as my wife has something to say in the looks departement :p But I can say that I really love a piano black finish. For the side walls I will try something close to a cherry wood finish. Lets see what I'm able to accomplish. :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.