Krutke's best floorstanding speaker design? His fav?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning on building a set of front speakers using one of John's designs but choosing one seems to be harder than I first expected. I think I've narrowed it down to the ZDT3.5 (with sub), the SB12.3 (no sub) or the ZA5.5s (with sub).
Has anyone seen a thread where John has mentioned his favorite?

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks for the links Sreten. Yes. I figured as much. I've looked at his site very closely. He definitely appears to be a perfectionist and that's mainly why I would like to try out one of his designs. I don't have enough listening experience to know how each type of driver might sound, i.e. aluminum, kevlar, etc. I probably could make a decision based on that alone. As Brett indicated, personal taste is a large part of the process.

Hope I'm not being too forward but if anyone has built a Zaph design out there from Southeastern Massachusetts, I would greatly appreciate a listen. In fact I would also love to listen to a Troels or a Tony Gee design.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.