Vifa P13 crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

If you were going to use a lovely Vifa P13 for a mid in a 3way speaker, and considering that it has a nice rolloff on both ends, would you just let the P13 run without attenuation and cross the woofers and tweeter? And if so, where would be the optimum croosover points for the woof and tweet?

I'm thinking 125hz 1st order woofer and 5k 1st order for the tweeter (maybe Morel MDT20)? Or would that be too high? And, the P13 is only rated at 40w nominal--is 125hz to 5k too wide interms of possible power inputs?

Thanks.

Ross

Is the vifa p13 comparable with the mp13 ? Maby this crossover will help. The audiotechniek vivace94.

Attachments

• vivace_2.gif
    vivace_2.gif
    12 KB · Views: 1,278
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is the FR of a W13 + a D27TG-45-06 with a 5 uF cap (nominal XO for a textbook 8 ohms of just over 4 k). It also shows the bipole overcomng bafflestep.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Chris B did a lot of playing and ended up also using a single cap on his tweaked version of the above tweeter.

At the bottom, i'd consider getting the P13 to go fairly low (sealed or aperiodic) and then series it to the woofer at 150->250 Hz or active with a subtractive XO..

dave

Crossover

Hi Dave,
What are the crossover components and is this a parallel type crossover?

I have some P13W's and was wondering if a D'Appolito (WTW)was better than a standard 2 way (TW). The other option is the dipole D'Appolito style ( open back).
Any preferences?
Cheers.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Crossover

ashok said:
What are the crossover components and is this a parallel type crossover?

5 uF cap in series with the tweeter. The systems i talked about use the P13s as woofers.

I have some P13W's and was wondering if a D'Appolito (WTW)was better than a standard 2 way (TW). The other option is the dipole D'Appolito style ( open back).
Any preferences?

Bi-pole

dave

@Andy :

Your speaker looks very interesting, I was also looking for a 3way using the Vifa P13WH as mid and the Vifa P21WO as woofer. I'm only thinking about using a different tweeter than yours, I'm not sure about which one though. Suggestions are welcome here :), I myself was thinking about Vifa D25AG35, Vifa XT25 or Seas 27TFFC, ... so many choices.
Anyway how does the P21WO - P13WH combo sound? Good bass? Deep bass? Good midrange? etc ...

Yep, nice combo

good bass response, mids are very clean and uncoloured, top end is rather nice too.... Its a nice sounding speaker.

Any of the other tweets should do a good job, in fact the original design used a D25, x-o point is 3500 or about so the XT25 respeak shouldn't be a problem either if you choos e to use that.

It will just be a matter of tweaking the L-pad really.

Yeah,
TRied a few different crossovers , the Bass is fantastic , overall am fairly happy , but the mid needs some tweaking , have moved the low point up and the top point down , but cant decide which is correct:confused:
ended up with series crossover , will post sometime when I scan it.....

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.