Kef PL301?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a pair of Kef PL301's in 1992, but sold them in 1995. The person who bought it has had them in storage all this time (has never been connected!), but he has lost all the plans, crossover schematics etc. I am seriously considering buying it back and would then like to rebuild the crossovers. Could anyone kindly assist with crossover schematics etc please?

The PL301 was a DIY Kit by Elektor dated 1986 and is based on the CS9 Kef Constructor Kit. It uses the following Kef drivers: B300B, B110B and T52B.

Attached is old pics I dug out of an album.

Attachments

• Kef PL301 C.jpg
    Kef PL301 C.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 327
  • Kef PL301 B.jpg
    Kef PL301 B.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 271
crossover PL301

Dear,

I have built the pl301 also and use them since januari 1986. The crossover circuit is known by KEF as DN28. In attach a scan of de crossover schematic from the original article in Elektuur of september 1985. (I live in Belgium) Remark: the original filter uses bipolar elco's. If you use polypropylene or foil capacitors elektuur advises tu put a 0,5ohm resistor is series with C7 and C8 for the high section. Otherwise the the output will increase with 1,5db.

Attachments

• DN28.GIF
    DN28.GIF
    125.3 KB · Views: 422
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.