|Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|3rd January 2002, 06:11 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2001
SS 21W/8554 and D2905/9700 perfect satellite
My idea is to build a closed box 2-way using the mentioned drivers (Scan-speak 21W/8554 woofer and D2905/9700 tweeter). I plan to use the same crossover frequency (1.5kHz was it) and active crossover as used in the Phoenix.
Why I am attracted to these drivers are the same reasons why Linkwitz picked them for the Phoenix, that is mostly low distortion and such.
Why I am starting this thread is to find out if...
1. Someone knows how should I implement baffle step compensation. Can I just copy the entire crossover of Phoenix?
2. What dimensions should the speaker's front plate have? I will use only one 21W/8554 in one box, so the tweeter will have an additional edge to cope with.
3. Has anyone tried any kind of 2-way with the same drivers?
4. Would it do any good to stuff the front face with something?
5. Has anyone any other recommendations?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|15w/8530-k01 + D2905/9500 Or 15w/8530-k00 + D2905/9700||andy2||Multi-Way||5||12th January 2015 10:23 PM|
|FS: Scan Speak 21W/8554-00 *New in box*||mbcouple||Swap Meet||11||20th August 2014 03:47 PM|
|21w/8554 owners please help||Aghead||Multi-Way||8||26th August 2010 11:07 AM|
|1 Pair SCAN SPEAK D2905/9700 1" TEXTILE DOME TWEETER||cocolino||Swap Meet||18||15th September 2003 04:05 AM|
|WTB: a pair of scan speak revelators d2905/9700 or 9900||paperinoil||Swap Meet||0||8th February 2003 04:39 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|