Need Help w/ Bass Cabinet for TAD TL-1102 & TL-1601a. Use w/ TD-4001 & Yamamoto Horn - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2010, 07:46 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I checked out that thread about the port location. Very useful. Thank you.
Old 22nd February 2011, 08:20 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I assume you have already built this. I just ran across this thread while doing a search. If you have finished this and everything is to your liking then ignore my late 2 cents worth.
1st thing is your tweet is fast as a bullet. I don't know about the woof but I bet it ain't. Your drivers are probably not time aligned if the drawings are accurate as to where the VCs are located. The VCs should be one right over the other for timing.
If things are still a little muddy after that you might think of loosing a bit of space inside the box if you don't want to build another and put a second driver behind the first in an isobaric set up to push up the speed of the bass. The sound of the pusher is probably not that important, just get something the same size (cone) and that has the same or very close to the same excursion and it will speed the woof up fast enough to keep up with a compression driver/horn tweeter. The rest is just box tuning, but tuning will not overcome differences in distance to the ear and speed of drivers.
I haven't signed on here in quite a while but it is a great group of DIYers. I bet your system is sounding great.
Thatch

Hide this!Advertise here!