2way bi-amped system with digital crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
This thread is for updating and collecting feedback and tips for my project.
Current phase is initial: I bought most of the equipment and ready to make key decisions and roll.

Design overview:
The system is based on a miniDSP with 2-way crossover module, input is spdif from pc's mobo, output is four analog channels that go to my ATI-1506 amp.

Speaker cabinet is a modified parts-express TriTrix:
The TriTrix - Speaker Building Project at Parts Express
It's a TL cabinet tuned @ 45Hz.

I have ordered tons of insulation foams used for anechoic chambers. The goal is a critically damped TL that absorbs all freqs above ~100Hz as much as possible and minimizes back-reflection through the drivers. Bass correction will be done with PEQs.

I have cut two pairs of blank baffles which I'm going to bolt on the existing cabinet (since it comes pre-routed for PE kit). It's going to be a 2-way TM (not MTM).
My construction skills aren't great, i'd love to hear some advice how to best do the bolting-on part.

Finally, there's a key decision to be made: drivers!
Need a tweeter and 5.25" or 5.5" woofer.
I have read online reviews and measurements extensively (esp. Zaph's).
My favorite sonic feature is soundstage, and that's what i want to optimize. To my knowledge this is achieved by:
a. correctly matching phase @ crossover point (which the DSP can do with any drivers)
b. using the woofer within it's high-dispersion range (crossing below 'beaming'), ProAc's miniature woofers excel at this.
c. using a tweeter that has high-dispersion design (*not 100% sure here).

Please help by listing more driver features I need to achieve good soundstage.
Also, does anyone know the crossover points for ProAc's monitors? these speakers have the best soundstage Iv'e heard, and I'd like to know whether this is accomplished by their 3/4" tweeter/miniature woofer and high crossover point design.

Thanks all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.