Jamo Power 160B repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

A friend of mine gave me for free two Jamo Power 160B loudspeaker.
Of course, the woofer sourronding rubber is gone, as one of the woofer coil.
So, I need two 10" new woofers to substitute the original with.
The speakers are like the ones you can see here.
Mine are in the same condition, woofers without rubber.
Moreover somebody (my friend) removed the tweeter deflector, and I'm in the mood to remove completely the upper tone control panel.
The cabinet is a bass reflex one, there is a single port with a diameter of 65 mm, the internal volume is of about 45 liters.
Is there anybody here can help me find a suitable substitute for the original woofers?
I have two Ciare CW250 woofer available, but they are not really suitable in such an enclosure (at least my simulations with Win ISD beta does not perform too well).
Any idea on which woofer can I fit there?
Preferably a cheap one (I don't want to spend too much money in such an old speakers, even because these would become my "spare" speakers).
And, of couse, since I live in Italy, a woofer I can find in Europe.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Giovanni Albergoni

In the meantime I found the Beyma 10BR60, which seems to be simply perfect for the application (it looks they built it for me, simulated flat and linear).
Only drawback, it is a 8 Ohm driver, so I should replace (or amp in some way) the tweeters, to avoid too much difference in output power between woofer and tweeter.
But this is not a big issue.
What do you think? Is this a good woofer?
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Giovanni

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.