Azzura A160 Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

I am very close to completing my 4 way horn speaker system. It consists of a Corona Plasma speaker, Lansche midrange, Azurra midass horn and Klipsch Lascala bass section.

The design will look like a Avantgarde trio.

The Azzurra horn is 1m wide with a 4" throat for a 8" Eminence delta pro 8b. The frequence range is 150hz to 500hz

My Q is, whether there is another driver you guys recommend? and what size and type of rear chamber should i build?

Looking forward to your response.

Hi all.

I am very close to completing my 4 way horn speaker system. It consists of a Corona Plasma speaker, Lansche midrange, Azurra midass horn and Klipsch Lascala bass section.

The design will look like a Avantgarde trio.

The Azzurra horn is 1m wide with a 4" throat for a 8" Eminence delta pro 8b. The frequence range is 150hz to 500hz

My Q is, whether there is another driver you guys recommend? and what size and type of rear chamber should i build?

Looking forward to your response.

Ground Sound

(5.25” P.Audio WN-520N: Mms=10.61g; BL=16.43; Qt=0.20)

High Efficiency Speaker Asylum: Nope, but.... by JLH

Faital Pro M5N12-80.

and Fane Studio 8M

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005

For this application PHL might have the better driver
Welcome on PHL audio web site

I dont know, but 150hz sounds a bit optimistic
especially if you want a smallish driver with the highest sensitivity
and 150-500hz could seem like a very narrow passband
no experience with that, but I would expect such narrow passband to be a bit tricky to handle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.