Autosound subwoofers in a Home Theater environment - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2003, 02:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Autosound subwoofers in a Home Theater environment

I was wondering if there really is a substantial difference in the frequency response of a car audio subwoofer that might make it less then adequate for Home Theater. I would assume that subs made for autosound are probably designed with a car's low frequency boost in mind.

I'm asking because I have here a powered Radio Shack subwoofer that has a perfectly fine box and 100 watts RMS of good power, but the driver is pretty skimpy. I want to replace this 4 ohm driver with a better inexpensive one, and I have great access to some slightly older car audio 10" drivers for next to nothing out of pocket.

The Oz Audio (older style) sub I have in my car now sounded absolutely perfect when I was testing it out in my house, but I feel the Oz is one of the better subs ever made, so it might be good anywhere, ya know?
Old 27th June 2003, 03:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I use a Rockford Fosgate pwr12 in my current home setup and it is overkill but I removed my competition system from my vehicle....I also utilise my Pheonix Gold active crossover

DIRT®

Hide this!Advertise here!