Overlapping of crossover frequency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Uakti's music to the movie, "Blindness" has instruments that will disappear if you disconnect your tweeter. Fabulous music esp. if you like African and/or Steve Reich percussion.

I have a Michael Murray recording at Ruffatti Organ in San Francisco, a band with bells present. Turn off the tweeter and the bells vanish. That's how I know if my ESL tweeters are charged up and ready to go.

Lotsa pop music where you have no idea what a cynical engineer might have done in the control room with their treble slider or where some hard of hearing performer kept on asking for more treble.

Sorry, the xover simulation, on the previous post, was just for a 2-Way. It doesn't work in a 3-Way fashion with your components for a high pass and I don't know how it might affect it, without simulating the woofer and a new 3-Way xover.

Also it looks from your simulation that you are not considering the output from the drivers because the curves are so "flat" (normalized?).

Sorry, the xover simulation, on the previous post, was just for a 2-Way. It doesn't work in a 3-Way fashion with your components for a high pass and I don't know how it might affect it, without simulating the woofer and a new 3-Way xover.

Also it looks from your simulation that you are not considering the output from the drivers because the curves are so "flat" (normalized?).

The file Crossover.pdf contains my design with overlap of crossover frequencies.I have posted it for review and to receive comments comments.
in this I have treated it as a satellite speaker for home theater as said in my first post. so I used it for gaining mid and hi frequencies. and other Inductor simulation is what I tried using your given values in two way crossover network.

Although the crossover you suggested might not exactly work for me. but I still worked with the HPF you provided. and would like to thank you. This third order filter minimized the distortion problem at hi-mid frequencies.

Please post the FRD/ZMA files for your drivers, if you have them. Thanks.

No boss I dont have FRD or ZMA file. I picked up the values from the graph provided in datasheets, and got the values interpolated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.