Sonus faber amati !! Diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Without looking at the pictures I took of the originals, I cant remember if they were 4 or 8 ohm, but here is a link The Madisound Speaker Store around the $210 mark for each woofer. There not mega dear but are used in many really decent name brand speakers. If budget allows look at the newer Illuminator series (that's what I am using in my new speakers and they sound amazing).

Last edited:
They're 8 ohm...

Attachments

• 100_0078.JPG
    100_0078.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 100_0168.jpg
    100_0168.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
If anyone would go to the daunting task of 'cloning' the Amati, some 2500-3000$ worth of drivers should not be intimidating - the woodwork part concidered.......

I'm not at all convinced that the original drivers cost this much, conciderind normal calculations for production and distribution cost and markup.

Have you priced the Amati's? $3k is nominal fee in comparison to the price, there's plenty of margin to be made in them. What most people fail to realise is SF are more than a pretty cabinet, there is a lot of R&D goes into the cabinet design and Xover. Having said that you can turn out a decent clone for much less.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.