Sonus faber amati !! Diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Amati !!

An adventure to built the Sonus Faber Diy .

http://www.hifi-notes.com/sonusfabe...abrikage-nl.htm

:: SONUS FABER ::

Here are some DIY photos of my creation at my apartment in Florida.

materials.

Oak wood
MDF

48" H x 12"-1/4 W (at front) x 21" D .

_MG_4788.jpg

_MG_4777.jpg

_MG_4784.jpg

_MG_4783.jpg

_MG_4781.jpg

_MG_4787.jpg

_MG_4780.jpg

sonus faber amati fabrikage-nl

The Amati Clone Project

:: SONUS FABER ::

_MG_5005.jpg

_MG_5008.jpg

_MG_5011.jpg

_MG_5012.jpg

2 Morel MDT30S 8 ohms
2 Vifa PL14WJ09 8 ohms
4 Vifa PL22WR09 8 ohms

_MG_5345.jpg

_MG_5430.jpg

_MG_5429.jpg

_MG_5426.jpg

_MG_5427.jpg

Liquid Glass Epoxy Resin

Liquid Glass Epoxy Resin Coating

_MG_5431.jpg

_MG_5005.jpg

_MG_5342.jpg

_MG_5046.jpg

_MG_5883.jpg

_MG_5882.jpg

_MG_5863.jpg

_MG_5861.jpg

_MG_5875.jpg

_MG_5896.jpg

_MG_5898.jpg

_MG_5899.jpg

_MG_5900.jpg

Parts

Mold of Oak - Lowe's Home Improvement: Buy Kitchen Cabinets, Paint, Appliances and Flooring

Grill Guides - Small Grill Guides 12 Pair | Parts-Express.com

Glue,Titebond III Ultimate - Lowe's Home Improvement: Buy Kitchen Cabinets, Paint, Appliances and Flooring

Speaker Grill Cloth Fabric Speaker Grill Cloth Fabric Burgundy/Gold Stripe Yard 36" | Parts-Express.com

_MG_5919.jpg

_MG_5926.jpg

_MG_5924.jpg

_MG_5925.jpg

_MG_5928.jpg

_MG_5927.jpg

_MG_6513.jpg

_MG_6514.jpg

_MG_6515-2.jpg

_MG_6520.jpg

_MG_6521.jpg

_MG_6522.jpg

_MG_6533.jpg

Crossover

11-26-20091-18-47AM.jpg

crossverfinal.jpg

_MG_6296.jpg

;)................ :cheers:

-----------------------

I like the grill ,it's very vintage look ,and it seems quite sound-transparent ,well ,at least you can see trough it ! Is it synthetic fabric ? The original Sonus Faber I think is made of steel covered with a very thin cloth..very techy.

thank you everyone!!

........In reality the speakers do not go there, that will look great with my amplifier.

_MG_6628.jpg

:)

--------------------

I am amazed! Congratulations for the results!

... the cloth is alright :D

It seems to me that the bass enclosure is "closed box" - why is that? and the mid enclosure is vented and probably tuned?

Why didn't you use the additional volume behind the mid/treble enclosure together with the main bass volume?

Again congratulations! I hope you enjoy them allot!!!

I am amazed! Congratulations for the results!

... the cloth is alright :D

It seems to me that the bass enclosure is "closed box" - why is that? and the mid enclosure is vented and probably tuned?

Why didn't you use the additional volume behind the mid/treble enclosure together with the main bass volume?

Again congratulations! I hope you enjoy them allot!!!

Here they helped me do the changes.

HTGuide Forum - DIY Boat Speakers!

------------------

Beautiful project.

The "Amati Clone Project" link on your first page is to my own site , so I couldn't resist a comment!

I never started building the project I described, partly because I was (and still am) happy with my previous speaker project, and partly because the Amati build would have worked out very expensive with the drivers I judged to be the closest match to the ones used by SF in the original.

It would be very interesting if you made up an article on the web about your project, discussing your reasons for choosing the drivers you used (quite different from the ones in the Amati in many ways) and describing the crossover design process and the build (though your great photos indeed are worth many words!).

How do they sound? You didn't mention that...

By the way, I built my own speakers in a small spare bedroom in our old house with the minimum of woodworking tools.

Alex

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.