diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   psst...hey...it's the impatient one again... (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/169416-psst-hey-its-impatient-one-again.html)

aptquark 27th June 2010 07:35 PM

psst...hey...it's the impatient one again...

Troels seems to be a maniac when it comes to speaker design/construction....and thats a good thing.

Any opinions about these suckers?

PRELUDE

I cant seem to find anyone selling these driver here in the USA. Are they good?

Spiro

trusound 27th June 2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aptquark (Post 2228765)
Troels seems to be a maniac when it comes to speaker design/construction....and thats a good thing.

PRELUDE

Spiro

I will say the AT's are the finest traditional drivers I have had the pleasure of using and playing with... you get all the scan purity in the midrange and all the great tone in the midbass like a dyn...

And you can email Per directly and purchase the drivers from him

aptquark 27th June 2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trusound (Post 2228784)
I will say the AT's are the finest traditional drivers I have had the pleasure of using and playing with... you get all the scan purity in the midrange and all the great tone in the midbass like a dyn...

And you can email Per directly and purchase the drivers from him

I bet they're expensive huh?

aptquark 28th June 2010 12:28 PM

HOLY CRAPPOLA! I just saw some prices from the AT website....and these things are expensive! According to my calculations...it will cost approximately 700 PER each 10 inch...and 400 per each 5 inch (shown in the link build). This is not counting the revelator tweeter.

Guys, would these speakers be worth their price vs performance? I'm guessing 2500 dollars + for the complete build.

Suggestions appreciated.

aptquark 29th June 2010 12:18 AM

<bump>

Inductor 29th June 2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aptquark (Post 2229364)
HOLY CRAPPOLA! ...
Suggestions appreciated.

I would suggest a kit (like the ones from Wayne P.) and upgrade later for a better (read bigger:$:) design. There are many (international, not only US) kits available, very affordable.

J.R.Freeman 29th June 2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aptquark (Post 2228765)

PRELUDE

Spiro

What gorgeous drivers! Troels's designs have such a timeless elegance - he really has a great sense of how to combine aesthetics with function.