Gazebo sound options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 12x12 ft gazebo (octagon shaped) to get some sound to.
I will be using an older 50 watt x 2 channel amp for power.

I have 4 Clifford Design 6.5" coaxial car audio speakers NIB
60 watts RMS (each)
sensitivity 89dB @ 1w/1m
4 ohm
frequency response 45-20,000 (does not show +/- dB)
4.7 uf cap on tweeter

Now the questions:
1) If I wire 2 of the speakers in parallel for Right channel and the same for the Left channel I will have an 8 ohm load for each channel right?

2) will this affect the SPL of the speakers?

3) would I be best to just mount each on a baffle at 4 equal distant points in the gazebo roofline since I do not have the t/s parameters for boxes?

Or might it be better to build one speaker such as this:1)
If I were to get a dual coil woofer (8 ohms per coil) one coil wired of Right Channel and one coil wired for Left channel and run 2 tweeters will I get a form or stereo from one box?
I was looking at the new Atrium series from Polk as the inspiration....

2) If the woofer is 87.7 dB at 1w/1M will that be the SPL to match thetweeters up to?

3) I was looking at the MCM MCM Audio Select 8'' Dual Voice Coil Woofer | 55-2185 (552185) | MCM Audio Select
crossed over at 1500-1800 4th order slope as per Zaph's suggestion for this woofer on his site and mated with 2 appropriatly low fs tweeters possibly the Dayton
Dayton DC28F-8 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter | tweeter dc28f-8 silk dome tweeter dome tweeter soft dome dayton audio dayton loudspeaker dayton dayton silky daytweet-41108 daytontweets090109 last_chance_save_green | Parts-Express.com
The box would be 18 liters tuned to 40-45 hz

Any comments and help would be appreciated.

Or go with plan A ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.