The Elise.. Scanspeak 3 way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my first set and what started me on my passion for art..

Most of all the inspiration came from the birth of my daughter and her middle name was used..

Scan 3 way using the ring rev-12m-18w..

Painted in a Mercedes Benz Alpine Rain Metallic and veneered in a maple burl..

Hope you like them!!!

P1010117.jpg

P1010116.jpg

P1010124.jpg

Really amazing work!
Can you please tell us more about the fiber glass shaping?
I have never worked with fiber glass but am very interested in the free shaping it allows...

Thank you...

wish I had closer pictures.. but here is something.... :D

The spine that you see is used to create the shape I want along with the outer contour of the wood box.. The mindset is that shapes are infinate.. and it's really hard for most to get past the limitations of using only wood..

P1010126.jpg

P1010125.jpg

I make sure to run about a 1/4 rabbit around the radius of the piece that I am fiberglassing to as it gives me a channel to staple material to .. I then use fleece with a good 4 way stretch or lycra and stretch it over the skeleton created.. making sure to minimize or eliminate all wrinkles and keep it tight as it will sag once your start glassing it..

Then a layer of fiberglass resin, making sure to thoroughly soak the material.. Then 3-4 layers of chop mat... after that it's tons of sanding...

P1010167.jpg

P1010174.jpg

you caught me...lol

well sort of... I had the 2.3 set and used it for the build but used the normal 12m and 18w... But the tweeter is from the set..

now these are active as most of my creations are.. IMO it's the only way to go

Looks good !

Genesis absolute 2.3 speakers ;)

Speakers based on revelator, but TS are very different....

CMS is higher, fs and mms is upper.

Do you use the oem passive network ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.