Rather unique coaxial?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The cab looks like it has a nice finish.

If I'd buy/make something with a coax compoment the mids and high (unity horn or BMS coax) would be the coax component, not the low and high.

The coax could perhaps be a modded version of the B&C 15CXN76.
Don't know any other driver with such a big HF component.

If I'd buy/make something with a coax compoment the mids and high (unity horn or BMS coax) would be the coax component, not the low and high.
Yes, maybe a super-tweeter (Fostex?). The same problem, here, with Tannoy Dimension TD12.

Attachments

• TannoyTD12.jpg
    TannoyTD12.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
The cabinet looks too small for 99dB/w at 30Hz...

Any opinions on this?

Of course it is. Regardless, without specifying the measurement range it's just another meaningless marketing spec, though WRT 'FR' drivers and co-axes it's typically somewhere in (or through) the 500-2500 Hz peak human hearing BW. If it's the CX40 though, then it's probably close to it from ~50 Hz-up.

Don't have clue how it sounds overall, but I sure like what I see WRT using it as a 'full range' main in a HIFI/HT plus LFE system.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.