Help with Dayton Reference 2-way Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I bought the Dayton RS180 and RS28A on buyout couple of weeks ago. Intention was to put them in my car, but since I´m getting a new car with descent sound instead, I like to try them in a hifi setup.

A monitor would be nice, but size is not an issue. I have seen a few xo-designs and builds with these drivers, but mostly in mtm config.

Do you have any experience/ideas/concerns that you can share?

woofer.Page0.jpeg

275-130s.jpg

Thanks for the reply!

Now, I looked closer at the xo used for the RS180 Modula MT, and it looks quite complicated. Not the build process itself, but the construction. A lot of components for a 2-way, with drivers that are fairly well matched from the start.

My philosophy is "don´t complicate things when the improvement don´t match the effort".

Any suggestions about this? Can the xo be made simpler?

Thanks for the reply!

Now, I looked closer at the xo used for the RS180 Modula MT, and it looks quite complicated. Not the build process itself, but the construction. A lot of components for a 2-way, with drivers that are fairly well matched from the start.

My philosophy is "don´t complicate things when the improvement don´t match the effort".

Any suggestions about this? Can the xo be made simpler?
You probably could go with a first order on tweeter.
The problem with the woofer is the aluminum cone. Very nasty.:mafioso:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.