Bookshelf speakers for small room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, here the room where I want to setup audio system. Left and right side of wood stand have small space and I want to put speakers there. So DR K's MTM
speakers
fits perfect. Since they are 9" wide I have to go with 7" woofers.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 213
You have made your decision, what else/ideas do you need? ;)

The cheap amp is based on Tripath 2020 chip amp. 13-20W is very small power, you will need an efficient speaker. I prefer the sound of a properly implemented LM3875 (Gainclone) than a Tripath 2020 (in Charlize).

The speaker you choose is a good fit I think. With parallel woofer you will have bass sensitivity that will produce good dynamic in low volume. I don't like the frequency response graph of the speaker, but I don't know the price. The Dayton is usually very good for it's price so it depends on the price being asked.

Based on my experience, non-audiophiles tend to value high power system, the one that you can get cheaply with LM3886 (Gainclone).

Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.