Lone Star Audio Festival

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I believe forum member udailey is going to show his Lighter Note LDR-based attenuator. He told me about it this week but it falls on my wedding anniversary, so no go for me. Wife is expecting dinner and a movie, not an audio fest! :)

Hope to see you and your students next year! I hope they had fun with their projects.

Absolutely. Some unusual DIY friendly exhibitors:

Lone Star Audio Fest

I even sent Texas Monthly magazine notice and an invitation.

LSAF has generally been mostly DIY. Only a few of exhibitors actually do audio as a day job. I'll be there the whole time.

John

P.S. And if you have time, be sure to catch this photographic exhibition by a longtime dedicated Dallas audio DIYer:

http://frontrow.dmagazine.com/2010/...capture-humanity-at-home-in-a-lost-landscape/

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I will attend LSAF on Saturday, coming down from south of Tulsa OK.

This should be a good show this year. Not only because of the exhibitors, but mostly because of the people.

I like this show due to its laid back atmosphere where it is more about the relationships than just the sales. It is great to be able to share experiences and knowledge with others attending. Well my knowledge sharing, is more like my asking many uneducated questions. It is alway encouraging to learn from each other.

I am looking forward to listening to the big Altec coaxial OB system. I heard it in 2008 when John brought it. By the description of the changes that have been made to it. I can only imagine that it will sound excellent.

Has John Busch disclosed what treat that he will be bringing for our ears this year?

I would love to be able to meet Sy as well.

LSAF will be fun!

Our region deserves its own audio festival. I am hoping that more will learn about it, where it will grow every year.

Thanks Wayne for starting GPAF that LSAF morphed out of. And thanks Shane and Fred T for all of your efforts to make this years show happen.

Norris Wilson

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.