Peerless HDS 6-1/2'' and HDS tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peerless 830875 & 830883 FR graphs overlaid:

Attachments

• Peerless HDS Nomex 6.5 Overlaid.jpg
    Peerless HDS Nomex 6.5 Overlaid.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 451
This is not a criticism but a suggestion, it is very difficult to ask someone to "particularly" design the speakers for you, ie a 2.5way and adapt it to 2 way is a redesign.

There are so many outstanding 2-way designs out there in the WWW you can adopt and copy first. Then build a pair from from someone design. If you decide to build one yourself then learn to design yourself and invest in equipment like microphone, etc.

That is what I am doing.

This is not a criticism but a suggestion, it is very difficult to ask someone to "particularly" design the speakers for you, ie a 2.5way and adapt it to 2 way is a redesign.

There are so many outstanding 2-way designs out there in the WWW you can adopt and copy first. Then build a pair from from someone design. If you decide to build one yourself then learn to design yourself and invest in equipment like microphone, etc.

That is what I am doing.

Thank you for the burst of wisdom.
In my email to Troels, I asked if he was going to be working on a TM version. I didn't ask him to design one for me.
By the way, this is the WWW.

There are so many outstanding 2-way designs out there in the WWW you can adopt and copy first.

That is what he was asking - he wants to adopt? (adapt) existing designs to fit his needs.

He already has a pair of .5 cubic foot Parts Express Cabinets.
He already has a pair of Peerless HDS Tweeters.
He is asking about a design in those cabinets with those those tweeters using the Peerless Nomex HDS woofer model 830875.

There are several designs on the WWW which use that tweeter and either a (very) similar woofer, or, that tweeter and the exact same woofer, except in a different quantity.

What his is asking is much less than asking for a design from scratch - in fact, in some cases a simple opinion would be a helpful response.

In other cases, if the designers would share their CAD files we can easily simulate the changes we are looking for.

I think that before you posted that post, you should have taken a look around the web yourself, and checked what Gowa has done so far - I think he already has done what you suggested, perhaps several times over.
My :2c:...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.