diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Css elermtm (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/165611-css-elermtm.html)

jeeracing 22nd April 2010 10:49 PM

Css elermtm

I just want to know if someone know some detail about this CSS kit ?spec, sound etc. someone try it ? I know it's new but..

it sound interesting for the asking price.

Creative Sound - Product Details

Inductor 23rd April 2010 01:05 AM

The 2x CSS EL70 full range speakers" looks like a good mid
Quote:

Frequency range from 64Hz to 25kHz
Better to do a simulation and know what you expect...
The Creative Sound Solutions ERT26 Tweeter is a Fs=1.5K tweeter so you need relatively high xover. Not bad for a starter kit, it will need a sub, though.:)

jeeracing 23rd April 2010 01:14 AM

the xover point for the tweeter is at 3700

planet10 23rd April 2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inductor (Post 2163180)
it will need a sub, though.:)

Only in the same sense that almost any speaker needs a sub. It is pretty easy to get at least 40 Hz out of the EL70

dave

CSS/XBL 23rd April 2010 12:38 PM

Hi,

I'm working on the documentation and will try to get the crossover designer to post here as well.

The first pair is running here and there will be some listening and evaluation going on over the next week. The cabinet is tuned to 51Hz so the bass is very good with the 2 EL70s reaching maximum excursion around 32Hz.

Bob

jeeracing 23rd April 2010 10:09 PM

thanks Bob, I hope have news of this soon.

Inductor 23rd April 2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSS/XBL (Post 2163636)
Hi,

I'm working on the documentation and will try to get the crossover designer to post here as well.

The first pair is running here and there will be some listening and evaluation going on over the next week. The cabinet is tuned to 51Hz so the bass is very good with the 2 EL70s reaching maximum excursion around 32Hz.

Bob

Well, that means having them working very well under Fs.
Sorry, for not being of the same opinion as planet10, Mr. dave.
Quote:

...almost any speaker needs a sub:rofl:
Look better... (unless you mean to say "Needs a woofer".)

routhun 17th November 2010 02:35 AM

Floor standing designs for this kit

I was about to buy this kit, but didn't find any box designs. I am a novice and first time builder, so unless there are complete box design I have no clue in using this kit.

Can anyone give me the suitable box designs for this kit.

Thanks,
Routhun

CSS/XBL 17th November 2010 02:50 AM

Hi,

Other than the front baffle being 20" X 8" there is quite a bit of flexibility to this. We have it in a 3/4 cu ft cabinet and the kit includes the layout of the drivers. I'm behind in getting some things up on the web.

Thanks for your consideration.

Bob

planet10 17th November 2010 03:08 AM

You can use any of the designs for twin EL70 and adapt them for MTM. Bob has some on his site, here is another set planet_10 hifi.

from the Lake District Series: Coniston^2, Windermere^2, Thirlmere
Wessex
microTower
Twin Mar-Kel70 (you'll have to email me for those)

dave