replacement tweeter suggestions for Audax TM025F1?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My old 'workhorse' speakers are looking like getting relegated soon, with the upcoming completion of my latest project. They are a 2 way SBB4 with a xover which was borne out of the centre speaker of the d'appolito designs for Audax HT(AP130Z0,TM025F1 @3500Hz xover)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Since audax arent really available anymore, it occurred to me that the only real problem with them was the TM025F1 tweeters.

With that thought in mind, Im basically seeking some adice about selecting a new tweeter to match the woofers but with improved SQ.

From memory the Fs is about 1050Hz, 25mm (waveguided?) Dome, sensitivity is about 90dB? was considering the visaton g20sc as im using it in my latest project and im impressed with the sound, but the Fs is a little high perhaps.

does anyone have any good suggestions, in the 'sensible' region of expense?

I may have some of the Audax. If you want i can check.

dave

thanks for the offer, although i'm not sure what to do. the current tweeters are operating fine, but now that i compare them to the visaton's in my current build, they aren't nearly as smooth, although directivity may be better, integration wise, due to the wavguide.

to cut a long story short, i also have a pair of the AP100ZO, and i stumbled across someones lam design for the AP100ZO's and TW025F1's. I hope to use the current audax tweeters i have in a similar design for desktop speakers at some stage, and replace the audax tweeters with improved ones in the 'workhorse' speakers.

unless, i get lazy and leave them as they are. In which case an extra pair of TW025F1's would be handy....

ok. if you would check that would be great. a spare pair cant do any harm to me :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.