Leftover-sunday! big fun

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Waiting for parts equals leftover speaker sunday!

At least it did for me.
Bought some car woofer thingys a while back, those are the dynabel ones, 4 ohm 28fs 0.6 qts 12". wired in parallel for the day, and in series with the parallel dynabels are a pioneer 12" low qts low fs 6ohm somethingsomething, in a self designed back-loaded horn (does it show?).

I hooked up my Audio nirvana driver in parallel to all this, the total resistance should be around 4-6ohm at the lowest for the whole system. No filters at all, very precise bass, deep, very deep. and it packs quite a punch too. Should probably put some high pass on the AN driver, but it's a goner anyway.
It sounds awesome in OB though.

Now i am just waiting for the junk i ordered for my real project.

Edit:
And the Hawthorne silver iris stuff in front just keeps the baffles from sliding at the moment :p

Attachments

• SL374919.JPG
    SL374919.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 141
Fanatic
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Znom = 4,0 ohm Cms = 252,5 uM/N Qts = 0,60
Re = 4,2 ohm Mmd = 113,6 gram Vas = 104,1 liter
Sd = 0,0539 m^2 Fs = 28,8 Hz Lineær slaglengde = 12mm
BL = 11,65 TM Qms = 5,32 Høyde svingsp. = 20mm
Le = 2,54 mH Qes = 0,68 Høyde luftgap = 8mm

Lineær slaglengde would be the xmax. Sensitivity is about 90db.

All the drivers are almost perfectly still as the setup is standing now, the room is just filled with sound, and the furniture vibrates whether it's voices or instruments.

I want my real project started soon, if those damned planes would start flying again so i can get my parts!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.