Flux problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am concerned about the prosperity of my hard drive on my Sony viao. I travel a lot and have decided to carry a portable sound sytem with me in a large carry-on suitcase. The suitcase has an unshielded subwoofer cabinet in it that the Sony rides on top of. So far the hard drive has displayed no distaste to it's new seating assignment, but it's only rode there once,.....
Should I buck the magnet and wrap it?? Also would tin speed tape wrapped several times surffice, or is it some other speacial material.
thanks
Oh yea, is the magnet attatched in the + to + position, pushing away mode, but just glued down?

this shouldnt hurt the hard drive so long as you dont use the pc or while they are like this .... magnetic media are usually only hurt by non-static or very strong ... when the computer and speakers are off the field is pretty weak really and it is constant so it shouldnt cause any problems through you might find the screen of the computer doesnt like it much....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.