full on duh! moment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was watching telly on my computer when the penny dropped. Some months ago I blew a tweeter on the World Audio Design KLS2s and I replaced the tweeters with Monacor RBT-95 ribbons to keep the speaker sensitivity high, thinking I would tweak the crossover when I'd listened to them for a bit. Of course I didn't although the treble was a bit strong. Anyway, as subtitled Kurt Wallander and his crew sifted through the bodies and evidence my attention wandered slightly, and I looked up at the Rogers Cadet 111 integrated that takes the computer signal. I reached out, turned the TREBLE TONE CONTROL slightly clockwise (bass operates in the opposite, conventional way) - job done, no more hot treble.

Bear in mind, I've owned this amp for at least 10 years, ever since I found it in an abandoned apartment (used to be a caretaker/building super).

I had a friend get a great deal on an integrated amp from Rat Shack several years ago. 75 watt per channel for $50.00 off the bargain rack due to some issue with the output which at max volume, only put out maybe the equivalent of a 5 watt unit. He was not very handy with a soldering iron but was confident that he could do something with it.

We didn't have it in the house long enough before he had that thing blaring away a its rated output. It seems that the thing had a function which the salesman had overlooked but had not escaped my friend's attention- the mute button.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.