Speaker Placement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've had my new speakers made for quite a few weeks now, and I've always been listening to them directly in the centre about 1 metre away, they are positioned to the left and right of my monitor. I say forward to see something on my monitor earlier while listening to a nice song, ... and it sounded better? So i've angled my speakers outwards towards the walls slightly, about 15 degrees... and everything sounds so much more awesome.

Is that normal? I was sitting in the wrong place the whole time?

Speaker placement is an extremly important part of your sound system. You might be missing a huge amount of performance from your speakers just because you haven't looked into it. A great pair of speakers can sound terrible if not placed correctly in a room. There is plenty of info on the web on this subject. Do some research and you'll find that with a few simple notions and one afternoon of experimenting and listening you can make your system sound A LOT better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.