Volt B2500.1 or ATC SB75-234SC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am new to the forum but have been reading (and learning) for sometime.
I work in the PA world and have managed to aquire over time a nice set of drivers for a home hi-fi project..
These will be 3 way active and consist of ATC SM75-150S mids and Morel ET338 tweeters. When it comes to bass drivers I have both ATC SB75-234SC and some Volt B2500.1 so the question is which do I use??
Cabinets will need to be around 50L as this is the biggest I can get away with!
The ATC's seem to model very well but the Volts don't..However they seem to be held in pretty high regard by some and they certainly look like well built drivers..
So if anybody has experience of both of these drivers or alignments that suit the Volt your advice would be very welcome!

I have a pair of the ATC 234 short coil drivers, they can't be beaten by the Volts. The Volts will work in a smaller box, but they are not as smooth as the ATC. My ATC's are in a 53 Litre sealed box, with eq by a DEQX Xover they are flat down to 28Hz.

How well do the volts respond to metal music. With the double bass. I am also considering using volt B2500.1 for a diy project. Does anybody have a suggestion for a driver of higher quality and efficiency that will handle the speed of double bass in metal music.
It all depends in your loudspeaker project. You want to listen to a good extension in bass or louder SPL, they are to different things and is the price important? You always have the JBL option. Then you forget to mention, in your project, if it's just bass/woofer or extension to the mids also, to cross with tweeter/horn, or to a mid or horn/CD. They are two different things too. So please give more details, instead of asking for a driver war between posters, trying to help you with nothing.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.