Ask review Cambridge S30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm Agus. Currently, I'm looking for my first hi-fi system, and have no idea about DIY ing hi fi system (have no knowledge in electricity). I'm interested in Cambridge S30 or Mordaunt Avant 1092i, does anyone have tried this speaker and would give some reviewed and recommendation. I will use this system in my bedroom (size 3 meter x 3 meter). and I have experience, if I hear sound with power too big, my ears will got pain. So it is ok, to use that speaker in my room?

And also in need suggestion of amplifier, speaker, player (low budget). And is Yaqin amp is good?

Does anyone know good driver woofer & tweeter that available in southeast asia?

Thx,
may be later, I will DIY ing.

Hi All,

I'm Agus. Currently, I'm looking for my first hi-fi system, and have no idea about DIY ing hi fi system (have no knowledge in electricity). I'm interested in Cambridge S30 or Mordaunt Avant 1092i, does anyone have tried this speaker and would give some reviewed and recommendation. I will use this system in my bedroom (size 3 meter x 3 meter). and I have experience, if I hear sound with power too big, my ears will got pain. So it is ok, to use that speaker in my room?

And also in need suggestion of amplifier, speaker, player (low budget). And is Yaqin amp is good?

Does anyone know good driver woofer & tweeter that available in southeast asia?

Thx,
may be later, I will DIY ing.

If these are your options, Sirocco S30 bookshelf speaker, and Avant 902i / Avant 900i / Products / Mordaunt Short and if you have pain in your ears :t_ache: I would go very much with the first option because metal dome tweeters/hard cone drivers will make it worse and the Cambridge speaker has a soft-dome tweeter.

Last edited:
and if you have pain in your ears :t_ache: I would go very much with the first option because metal dome tweeters/hard cone drivers will make it worse and the Cambridge speaker has a soft-dome tweeter.

Thx for noticing my ears' pain :D. I'm still open for other options (in that budget range). I'm looking for speaker with sound: soft & detail (able to deliver orchestra music).

And I still need suggestion for amplifier?

There is also an AMP section on this forum. Agus, let me suggest you another (active) speaker with amp for your consideration, in this case from ADAM (Compact Mk3 pics). Their ART tweeters are in line with the famous air motion transformer (AMT) developed by Dr. Heil.

Adam Home Audio
SOUND SOLUTION CO., LTD
80-1, SEJONGRO, CHONGRO-GU
110-821 SEOUL
KOREA
Jessy Jin
Tel.: +82 2 733 3525
Email: trade@sscom.com
Web: www.sscom.com
or
Adam Pro Audio
MIDI & GRAPHICS CO., LTD.
301, DAEKWANG B/D, 7-15 NONHYEN-DONG,
KANGNAM-GU
135-010 SEOUL
SOUTH KOREA
Tel.: +822 515 1008
Fax: +822 515 1280
Web: www.midigraphics.co.kr

Attachments

• ADAM Compact_walnut_persp.jpg
    ADAM Compact_walnut_persp.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 68
  • ADAM CompactMk3_rear.jpg
    ADAM CompactMk3_rear.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Dynaudio-MC15

Dynaudio looks like another good option at least for the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport with its Puccini Sound System
Dynaudio - Authentic Fidelity
Dynaudio Distributors for Indonesia,
Excel Venture Trading Pte Ltd
Block 3016
UBI-Road 1, # 03-139
Singapore 408706
Singapore
Phone:
+65-6547-2288
Email:
excel@singnet.com.sg
Internet:
Dynaudio Singapore

Attachments

• Dynaudio-MC15_bg.jpg
    Dynaudio-MC15_bg.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 56
  • dynaudio-mc-15-rear.jpg
    dynaudio-mc-15-rear.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.