Cerwin Vegas INT 252

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've just bought a pair of Cerwin Vegas INT 252. One of them has a blown horn and I can't seem to find an exact replacement. Can anyone suggest a tweeter to use with them.

I'm using a Dynacord Powermate 1000.

The Vegas are 45Hz-20kHz, 4ohms, 500w.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Beryl

I've just bought a pair of Cerwin Vegas INT 252. One of them has a blown horn and I can't seem to find an exact replacement. Can anyone suggest a tweeter to use with them.

It would surprise me a little if C-V didn't have something suitable.
Otherwise, take the driver out of the horn, see if it is screw on or bolt on and look for something that mounts the same with similar impedance/sensitivity.

http://www.cerwinvega.com/manuals/pro/intense_manual.pdf says:
LIGHTBULB PROTECTION CIRCUIT: Your Intense! speaker systems are equipped with a power-limiting circuit on the compression driver, to avoid damage to the device if overdriven. If this happens, a small
flicker of light is potentially visible through the front port vents. If this happens, do not panic. What is happening is that instead of this power going directly to the compression driver (where it would potentially
damage it) it is “absorbed” by a high current light bulb, which dissipates this power by converting it into light.

Perhaps the lightbulb burnt out?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.