Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2010, 10:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Recommend me some drivers/speakers

Ok i need some more efficient speakers in my life.

I have a room 10ft x 15ft.
I have 10wrms each channel available class A tube amp.

Budget is 200 all in.

Happy with drivers alone as can knock up my own boxes (considering floorstanding transmission lines), so long as i can get a crossover done withing this budget too.
Or will take a complete speaker, pre made.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default high efficiency

for the price you'd be hard pressed to find much better sensitivity (92dB) in a speaker than paradigm's monitor series. i've auditioned their atoms and the beastly monitor 9's. very clean speaker, the 9's were a little bright for my taste, but quite excellent nonetheless. definitely worth listening to. mission's m34i floor-standers are right around your price range and also have 92dB. haven't ever heard these before, but the mission speakers i have heard have been fantastic. from your price request, they also come from your side of the pond. definitely something to check out. -good luck!
Old 28th March 2010, 01:07 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbonini View Post
for the price you'd be hard pressed to find much better sensitivity (92dB) in a speaker than paradigm's monitor series. i've auditioned their atoms and the beastly monitor 9's. very clean speaker, the 9's were a little bright for my taste, but quite excellent nonetheless. definitely worth listening to. mission's m34i floor-standers are right around your price range and also have 92dB. haven't ever heard these before, but the mission speakers i have heard have been fantastic. from your price request, they also come from your side of the pond. definitely something to check out. -good luck!
What you need is this.
Price is secondary...
Old 28th March 2010, 01:26 AM   #4
wahab is offline wahab  Algeria
diyAudio Member

Since you re in england , you can perhaps find these
ones used for some 200...
I ve got a pair, and they sound well enough, although
i did add a bass box for frequencies below 50hz...

H108
Old 28th March 2010, 01:42 AM   #5
Loren42 is offline Loren42  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agithegreat View Post
Ok i need some more efficient speakers in my life.

I have a room 10ft x 15ft.
I have 10wrms each channel available class A tube amp.

Budget is 200 all in.

Happy with drivers alone as can knock up my own boxes (considering floorstanding transmission lines), so long as i can get a crossover done withing this budget too.
Or will take a complete speaker, pre made.
Transmission lines are inherently inefficient enclosures, so you will be defeating your goal.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:48 AM   #6
Banned

What about some FRs? Fostex from Wilmslow Audio in the UK or Audio Nirvana from commonsenseaudio in the US if you don't mind the wait and the complications,

You'll get nearly 100 dB/watt dependent on choice...

Have you looked at the Morgan Jones speakers article you can see on the RHS of the index page?

w

Hide this!Advertise here!