Who has overtaken lambdacoustics - some user tell: "The best bass I have ever heard" - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2010, 07:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Who has overtaken lambdacoustics - some user tell: "The best bass I have ever heard"

on the web I find only this:

What happened to Lambda Acoustics?
Interest in Lambda Acoustics drivers?
Lambda Acoustics
http://web.archive.org/web/200209121...LFdrivers.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200210100...ntactinfo.html

Currently I get about www_lambdacoustics_com this website:
AE Speakers --- Superb Quality, Unforgettable Performance, Definitely.
but completly other address and products. The old address was in Melburne. Not in Australia but in Florida.

Where I get now real successor models from lambdacoustics?

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 26th March 2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 26th March 2010, 07:41 PM   #2
doug20 is offline doug20  United States
diyAudio Member

The original disigner (Nick McKinney) I think still consults with John Janowitz of AE Speakers. John builds the drivers these days. I own about 8 of those lambda designs
Old 26th March 2010, 07:42 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Read this

AE Speakers --- Superb Quality, Unforgettable Performance, Definitely.
Old 27th March 2010, 03:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via MSN to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via Yahoo to John_E_Janowitz
We now build all of the Lambda TD woofers. We have been doing so for about 4-5 years now since buying out the remaining stock of parts from Lambda Acoustics. Back in 2001-2002 I began doing online sales for Nick at Lambda Acoustics. When he decided he was closing the doors he asked if I wanted to buy out the remaining parts stock. I've been building the drivers in house since then.

All the same parts are being used yet. We recently added a TD6M and TD6H and shortly the TD8M and TD8H as well. All of the TD10's, 12's and 15's are still available as well as the Dipole series. Other drivers like the SB and PB series can be made as well but we don't advertise them on the website.

John
Old 28th March 2010, 10:44 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Awesome, are the TD6s really for sale now? They are not listed on your store webpage.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:55 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Also, John, can you fill in the shipping and returns section?
Old 29th March 2010, 04:23 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via MSN to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via Yahoo to John_E_Janowitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug20 View Post
Awesome, are the TD6s really for sale now? They are not listed on your store webpage.
They will be going up shortly. The top plates and frames are here. T-yokes are at the plating shop now so I should have them back before the end of the week. At that time they'll go up on the site and be at the intro pricing. The TD6M's and TD6H's will both be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest820 View Post
Also, John, can you fill in the shipping and returns section?
Just filled that in. Not sure why it wasn't there. Must have gotten deleted with the last online store installation.

John
Old 29th March 2010, 03:54 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much for all the informations.
Please let me know the european distributors.

Additional I have start some months ago a thread regarded Bumper speakers (bumperindustries) about
Bumper Industries, Zeuz/Bumper Speakers, new Website through trouble vs. Earthquake?
This brand re-introduce their old range, but I get no reply from there. The early european distributor was Altai. There this brand is no longer available.

Perhaps you can give me advices regarded this (about the above mentioned Bumper thread).
Old 29th March 2010, 06:51 PM   #9
djn is online now djn  United States
diyAudio Member

Two weekends ago, 7 of us got together and compared the Lambda TD15M, TAD 1601, and JBL E145 woofers. They were all good and I would use anyone of them in my system, but I liked the Lambda the best. I thought it was more accurite and tighters: greater detail as well.

I am overly obsessed with the low Le of the Lambda. Thinking in tube power supply circuits, the Le = Henrys, and the lower the H the less ripple reduction you have. With the low Le of the lambda, the less ripple reduction you get. In this case the ripple is the music.

If I were not going to do horn midbass, I would do a TD15M in a vented cab. But I love horns and have the room.
Old 30th March 2010, 06:53 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_E_Janowitz View Post
Just filled that in. Not sure why it wasn't there.
Ah, that provides some useful context. Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!