port design - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2001, 08:30 PM   #11
pkgum is offline pkgum  Australia
diyAudio Member

what about for a subwoofer?
Old 31st December 2001, 09:18 PM   #12
Super is offline Super  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Super
If it has an f3 that high, its not really a subwoofer, but a woofer. I've never heard of a subwoofer with an f3 that high, except for a few multimedia speakers.

Although its unusual, theres nothing really wrong with that. What kind of drivers are we talking about here?
Old 31st December 2001, 09:41 PM   #13
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Gum:

Your quote: "is it alright for a ported box to have a very high F3 frequency?(60-70Hz)"

In a ported box, the output falls at a huge 18 dB per octave, (usually higher) after the Fb-the frequency the box is tuned to.

Fb is usually, though not necessarily, fairly close to what the F3 is.

Just for the heck of it, what are the Thiele Small parameters of the speaker and what size box, tuned to which frequency, are you planning?
Old 31st December 2001, 09:41 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Sounds like an ELF project--going to need serious EQ and amplifier power to get any usable deep bass out of this.

Grey
Old 31st December 2001, 11:20 PM   #15
pkgum is offline pkgum  Australia
diyAudio Member

kelticwizard

U know what I'm doing,.....its a 230L ported box tuned to 18Hz with hopefully a 7" tube.
Its gotta be abit bigger than thomas's because he tuned his to 18.56Hz
The driver, its a Blueprint 15

it has an F3 of 66Hz yet can do 116Db at 18Hz because theres a little hump of 1Db at 18Hz.
After 30Hz the frequency response rises 3Db/octave to reach MAX output at 120Db at around 110Hz then flattens again

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD A GRAPH FROM MY HARD DRIVE TO MY MESSAGE
Old 1st January 2002, 02:34 PM   #16
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Gum:

I assume you know how to save a graphic. If not, it goes like this: Right-click the link for the item you want, and then click Save Target As.

When you save the graphic, make sure it is in the form of: gif, jpg, png, txt, zip, bmp, or jpeg.

When you click on "Reply" and the screen appears to start writing, scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You will find a section named "Attach File" with a little box next to it with a "Browse...." button beside it. Click on the "Browse...." button, and locate the file that has your graphic. Then click "Submit".

I assume you know how to find a file in Windows Explorer.

That's it.

PS: I think they just changed the board to allow you to do this. Another board I go to has the same message board program and they just modified it. Before, apparently you had to get a web page, upload the graphic to your web page, then put the URL on the reply box. What a hassle!

Hide this!Advertise here!