Whats the difference between the Peerless 831916 and Peerless 850122

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Whats teh dif and what would you reccomend?
I'm looking for a good set of computer speakers...

WOOFER/MID 6½"
Unique polypropylene one piece cone with rubber roll surround. An excellent general
with extra heavy duty magnet designed for 2 or 3 way bass reflex enclosures, with single
Steel basket. Large diameter aluminium voice coil for high long term power. Inverted
An efficient smooth performer with modern styling and at a cost effective price.
"
P/No. 176 WR 26 90 CD
Pwr 150Wrms (20Hz-5KHz)
Coil 26mmØ
Mag ½Kg (1.2T) 90mmØ
Zo 32.3 ohm (6.25 ohm dc)
Fs 53.00Hz
Sens’ 88.48dBm
Qms 2.3952
Qes 0.5753
Qts 0.4639
Vas 17.68L
Code 831916

The driver can also be used into parallel configurations for larger boxes.
Cross-over freq from 1500 and up to 4000 Hz is recommendable for this model."
98, very suitable
175mm 72mm
5.5mmØ

And now the 850122
No, wait I won't list the parameters here, I'll give I link to them on the Peerless site.. :)
http://www.d-s-t.com/peerless/data/850122.htm

So... what would you reccomend? How about some pictures of the 2.. :)

Both of these drivers are sold by http://www.advanceae.com.au the difference is that the 831916 costs $49.95 while the 850122 costs $81.50...
So, which one do I consider investing it? :)

THANX!!! I searched for 831916 on here, but didn't find a SINGLE thing... the driver is also not listed on the peerless site.. :rolleyes: I don't think...

Attachments

• peerless.jpg
    peerless.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 392
Well I've only used Peerless mids, and I think they sound excellent for how much they cost. Well actually they were kind of expensive, but they sound good anyway. I made a three way ported system using MCM 12" woofers, a peerless mid (5-1/4" I think) and vifa cone tweeter. My mistakes were using a cone tweeter (I still don't know why I did, it wasn't cheap), and a cheap crossover (which wasn't cheap either). All in all I spent over $500 on the set, and they sound good, but I could do a lot better for a lot less nowindays.

As for your question about the Peerless, I'd say get the cheaper one. Or maybe match it with your crossover, consider that kind of stuff. They're probably similiar anyway.

Pete

hmm... I already have some peerless 8inch woofers and tweeters for large front speakers... I am looking for some smaller compuetr speakers... umm... the more expensive 6.5inch gives better bass in the box size I wanted (about 12 litres).... I still think the cheaper ones would be better.. :D well.. I have no money at teh moment anyway.. lol

Actually, I'm trying to beat my friends Wintel speakers.. :) 6.5inch woofer, 1inch dome tweeter, cost him about $200 a pair...

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
SkinnyBoy said:
hmm... I already have some peerless 8inch woofers and tweeters for large front speakers... I am looking for some smaller compuetr speakers... umm... the more expensive 6.5inch gives better bass in the box size I wanted (about 12 litres).... I still think the cheaper ones would be better.. :D well.. I have no money at teh moment anyway.. lol

Actually, I'm trying to beat my friends Wintel speakers.. :) 6.5inch woofer, 1inch dome tweeter, cost him about $200 a pair...

So what you are saying is that you already have the drivers you need, and the drivers you want for a hypothetical box you can't afford to build, are more expensive than the cheap ones you could put in the box, but you can't afford the cheap drivers either?;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.