"the onyx" designed by tr black

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all i just aquired a set (2) of what appear to be a 4-way theater speaker.
Eight inch Sub, 8 inch mid bass, mid tweeter, and ribbon tweet. Called the onyx, designed by tr black, black acoustics corporation costa mesa california. Couldnt find anything on the web. oh a 4 amp fuse is on the back. any one ever heard of it???? any info would be greatley6 appreciated

Have you found anything out regarding your Black Acoustics speakers? I recently acquired a matched pair of 3-way "Night" speakers by Black Acoustics (Costa Mesa) made in the early 1980's. Haven't found any info on them. I bought these from a retired music exec who said the company was obscure but the speakers were considered high end and originally retailed for $500 apiece.

black accoustic costa mesa "onyx"

Have you found anything out regarding your Black Acoustics speakers? I recently acquired a matched pair of 3-way "Night" speakers by Black Acoustics (Costa Mesa) made in the early 1980's. Haven't found any info on them. I bought these from a retired music exec who said the company was obscure but the speakers were considered high end and originally retailed for $500 apiece.

the only thing i know, is they really are impressive for Movie audio reproduction, house shakin. i blew the 4 amp fuses a coupla times, thentook the low frequency from them to some other boxes and that stopped the fuse blowing problem, but the subs i was usin clearly werent as cool as the ones in the onyx cabs, i got the ability to be a little louder but the bass suffered. Im very impressed with these.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.