AMW Acoustic Labs A440 - looking for info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm rebuilding a pair of AMW model 440's and I'd like to contact anyone who has technical information about them, or who owns a pair, or who may have formerly had a pair. I believe they were sold in the mid-70's.
I'm unsure if they were sold outside Australia.

They were a 4-way:
Bass KEF B139
Mid KEF B110
Tweeter Celestion HF1300
Supertweeter (unsure of original unit)

They were a vented unit, with the vent just the thickness of the front baffle.

Rather than upload a pic, see the units here:

Kerbside find. Now what to do ...

Thanks to Dave D at Planet 10 who has already chimed in to help.

Are there any AMW A440 owners out there?
Reveal yourselves.

Thanks

Doug

Hi,

I'm rebuilding a pair of AMW model 440's and I'd like to contact anyone who has technical information about them, or who owns a pair, or who may have formerly had a pair. I believe they were sold in the mid-70's.

They were a 4-way:
Bass KEF B139
Mid KEF B110
Tweeter Celestion HF1300

Reveal yourselves.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug,

I have a pair of A440'S. Boxes are good. Woofers and Bass/mids scrape.
They probably would sound good if the drivers weren't faulty.

I also have access in my own info some pictures and info of those speakers and their other models.

AMW A440 owner

I have a pair of the AMW A440s which, until recently, have been working faultlessly for ~35 years. The KEF B139 bass driver in my left speaker has just recently died, but will attempt to get that fixed. I still have the manual supplied with my pair. I will scan and upload for anyone who's interested. Alternatively, advise an email address and I will send directly.

Manual ...

I have a pair of the AMW A440s which, until recently, have been working faultlessly for ~35 years. The KEF B139 bass driver in my left speaker has just recently died, but will attempt to get that fixed. I still have the manual supplied with my pair. I will scan and upload for anyone who's interested. Alternatively, advise an email address and I will send directly.

Thanks

You have a PM.

cheers

Doug

AMW A-440 Owner's Manual and Promotional Brochure

I have attempted to upload both the refenced items (pdfs), but this has been disallowed because each item's file size exceeds forum file size limits. Please send email address if you'd like a copy of these and I will forward directly.

geoffrey baker

Hi,

They were a 4-way:
Bass KEF B139
Mid KEF B110
Tweeter Celestion HF1300

Reveal yourselves.

Thanks

Doug
hello doug. I have a pair of amw 440 speakers which I bought in 1976 They are still in use and are magnificent.
I will look for the manuel with the specifications and email you.
I think they have KEF eliptical, Celestian midrange and Peerless tweeter. I will check

gcbaker40@bigpond.com

geoffrey baker

Hi,

They were a 4-way:
Bass KEF B139
Mid KEF B110
Tweeter Celestion HF1300

Reveal yourselves.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug, more info on the AMW A440

A seperate sealed sub enclosure is provided for the midrange drive unit.
The low frequency unit is the KEF B.139 rear loaded by the resistive reflex enclosure.
The acoustic damping material used in the base loading system is synthetic.
The B.139 handles frequencies up to 375 hz. Then the B110 for frequencies up to 3.5 khz
The next crossover extends to 12.5 khz by the celestian speaker. Beyond this the Peerless takes it to 20khz. If you have a dog it will appreciate this high performance sound.
Geoff Baker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.