XTZ room analyzer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anyone used this for measurement of speakers/ speaker drivers?

XTZ Room Analyzer Package | Audio Sanctum

Thanks, Rob

I find zero reason to buy something when great measuring products exist for free.

ARTA demo version is free and full functioning, minus saving features. I love it for runing a constant signal and tweaking the EQ to set my own curves. Nothing is easier.

HOLMImpluse (just starting to use now), is simply amazing and easy to use. Its gating functionality is better then anothers I have used.

REW is free and a very effective tool for in room response measurements, especially for bass setups.

TrueRTA is a solid product but it costs money.

I was reading, that i need a microphone, usb soundcard (duplex with mic input) and a mic pre amp. The ones ive seen recommended come to (inc all bits) around £150 odd.

You just need a mic and something like the M-audio usb mobilepre that comes with the phatom power stuff for the mic. Yes, its going to cost $$$ though but its a fraction of what DIY speakers cost long term.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.