Does crossover auto simulation software?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, that is what I was trying to ask. I forgot about LEAP. But Madisound LEAPs program only works for drivers they sell.

I have wave impulse files and I would think a software package could take those files and create crossover simulations.

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand your question but LEAP will generate a crossover using a Wizard format more or less automatically. It can also run circuit optimizations against a Guide curve as well from an existing circuit and measurement set.

Rob:)

Hi , I wanted to ask this for a while, Do you think It worths applying that onto an LF something like a JBL 2235h ?
Or rather HF benefits?

BTW this one can do it , too, be sure to watch tutorials:

(((acourate)))® - Room Correction, Speaker Optimization and Sound Improvement

Last edited:
Well, there is a lot to read there, perhaps start with the whitepaper If you seek for phase coherent design apart the usual inverted frequency plots.

As far I understand the basic concept , you want to generate those correction coefficients afterall and those can get LOOOOONG both in terms of computational resources and processing time involved, so I pretty much gave up on it because its not really suited for my embedded app. Im toying with an esl57 now anyway.

-No passive crossover , passives can't do what is depicted in the whitepaper.

Last edited:
Ah its whole different than the DCX, this one is brute force FIR, whereas the DCX is rather cheap analog-alike IIR algo.

Also this one prefers low order filters , and using low order filters is mandatory once you stay phase coherent .
I just dont beleive the DEQX marketing fluff that its both steep and both phase chorent because byproducts cancel between drivers.

Ah its whole different than the DCX, this one is brute force FIR, whereas the DCX is rather cheap analog-alike IIR algo.

Also this one prefers low order filters , and using low order filters is mandatory once you stay phase coherent .
I just dont beleive the DEQX marketing fluff that its both steep and both phase chorent because byproducts cancel between drivers.

Im not looking for a discussion on DCX SQ type stuff.

Im looking for software that will take my wave files and build crossovers from it.

Why do you say that...? It will build passive X/O networks for you, and state the component values. You can afterward tweak the component values to match more common values if you wish.

...plus, if my memory serves, LSPCad X/O networks can be downloaded directly to DCX2496.

Yes LSPCad can do the download but you still need to manually create the crossovers. (deciding slopes, etc). I want something that optimizes it all for me so I do not need to do it :D Right now its just other hobbiest that love building crossovers from speaker measurements. It would be cool to have a program attempt.

Again, my mistake...

I don't own LSPCad, and only quickly played with the demo. I thought you could use the Optimizer to create your X/O, and use that result for either a download to a DCX or view the passive design. Which you would build accordingly.

I would have to think that X/O design schema and slope is a matter of personal taste. I don't see how any SW could "optimize" something that's a matter of opinion.

Again, my mistake...

I don't own LSPCad, and only quickly played with the demo. I thought you could use the Optimizer to create your X/O, and use that result for either a download to a DCX or view the passive design. Which you would build accordingly.

I would have to think that X/O design schema and slope is a matter of personal taste. I don't see how any SW could "optimize" something that's a matter of opinion.

I think its not really a matter of taste as much as we want to think ( Of course audio is ruled by subjectivity and it shouldnt be, yeah its art work ;))

The crossover is there to do the littlest damage as possible, its simple purpose is to allow two or more drivers to work together seemlessly. Software can run 1000s of iterations to get it right, it can look at phase, etc and just keep simulating way beyond what any human can do. We do mathematical simulations all the time in the engineering world because a long time ago we figured out people are way, way too slow to find all the right combinations.

Once the proper crossover is decided then people can tweak the sound to their in room liking with DSPs.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.