Help finding Kef replacement speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried googling it and I find many woofers but they don't fit on the cabnets.
The Kef drivers (KSP1450) google turns out nothing. Only find B110 and B200.
The Kef site turns out empty (and I don´t want to sent the speakers for repair at Kef's because it's probably more expensive than buy a new set.
I was hopping someone could suggest me a compatible woofer that would fit in the cabnets.

Thanks.

Hi Paulo,

I have a pair of compatible drivers in my loft they are not exactly the same as they are prototypes, however they are 8 ohm look the same and will fit. Unfortunately I just checked shipping to portugal and it would be £30 untracked by parcelforce (Not the most reliable service) given that I would want £20 for them, to make it worth my while boxing them up, this isn't really economically viable.

Do you ever visit the UK? could you pick them up from somewhere? I can ship them in the uk for about £10 so your total cost would be about £30 which just about makes sense. Or you could pick them up from me in Cambridge.

Or

These look like they would fit - just, with a bit of a gap round the outside. I would recomend you re-measure and check though before ordering:-

Purchase information:-

W4-655SH - TB speakers 4" paper cone fullrange woofer - EUROPE AUDIO

Data sheet:-

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w4-655sh.htm

As for how they would intergrate with the tweeter and how they would sound, I can't advise. Its unlikley that the crossover would continue to work as expected changing from a normal drive unit to this as it is a full range. It would make a sound, how good it would be is anyones guess.

Regards,
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.