Zaph audio Bargain mini, need some help !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I am more a reader than a writer, that's why this is my first post.
Today I need some help.
I have a little problem with the Bargain mini from Zaph audio website.
I was planning to build two of them, so I decided to start ordering the (inexpensive) parts. I ordered from madisound without problem (for the tweeter and the crossover), then I went to the MCM website to buy the 55-1853 speakers and this is where my problem is. MCM doesn't ship to France (Where I live).
So , I am asking for generosity to help me having those speakers.
There are 2 possible ways.
Someone who would already have the speakers at home and have no use of them, could sell them to me.
Or someone could be super kind and order them to his home and then send them to me.
I will pay for everything of course.
OR, maybe, is there, out there, another speaker who share the same specs than the 55-1853, that would be available somewhere else than MCM and shippable to france.
Tell me.
Thanks anyway.

I have some basics in electronics but when there is "wood" involved or "resonance" and "frequency response" I am kind of scared.
I would really like to find a replacement speaker but as I already have the crossover and the wood cutted, my scared mind says : "the only speaker you can get is the MCM because the size shape and all the other scary stuff has been designed for him".
So if someone can tell me that this or this speaker will act the same in the bargain mini box, that would make me feel better.

So , they ship to germany , to UK and not to France...
I don't understand.:(

I'm not sure if they ship to Germany, I had them shipped to America, and brought them over personally.

There's a limit as to how much you can bring through without paying import tax, but two 10€ woofers as a favor wouldn't have been a problem.

Sorry mate!

Also, I don't think a different woofer would work without modifying the crossover to suit it.

BTW, 90$ sounds a bit steep to me as well, but then again USPS isn't cheap. Each woofer only weighs 1kg, maybe you have an acquaintance who will go to USA some time soon? You can order it to his address there, and have him bring them back on the plane. 25$ product should not be a problem with customs fees.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.