Dayton Audio Speaker Kits - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2010, 02:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Dayton Audio Speaker Kits

We will br supplying dayton products very soon for australia and new zealand. I would like to ask what you all think of dayton loudspeaker products. I for one think they are of good value....hence why we are starting to supply them, but your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, your thoughts on tang band products would also be of interest to us.

Regards

Cameron
Hasaudio DIY AUDIO Suppliers - Loudspeakers, Crossover Components, Speaker Kits.

Last edited by hasaudio.co.nz; 23rd February 2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 23rd February 2010, 02:57 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

No direct knowledge myself
BUT the looks of the spec's on the Titanic sub-woofers look interesting
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes I have only had experience with the classic line. I havent tried the titanics or the rs range. Its always been way to expensive to give them ago due to shipping costs. Hopefully not for much longer!
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:18 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I made a subwoofer with the dayton 12" quattro DVC and a dayton plate amp. I was very pleased with its performance and with the support I got from Dayton's tech people when I needed help with the design. Dayton's online forum is extremely high quality as well, with some very knowledgeable speaker builders who are generous with their time and skills.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:39 AM   #5
lae2 is offline lae2  United States
diyAudio Member

I have not been able to find a kit offering that included a finished cabinet with matched high efficiency drivers suitable for a sub-10 watt amplifier. Madisound comes close but you have to be a woodworker. Dayton strikes out; at least, on the surface.
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Loren42 is offline Loren42  United States
diyAudio Member

I think good value is the right word. You get a good product for a very reasonable price and their quality appears to be very good, as well.

I wish you success in your market.
Old 23rd February 2010, 07:57 PM   #7
gooki is offline gooki  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Just popped in to say, glad your bringing in they Dayton products (audio caps, plate amps as well?). Got a friend looking for some PR's so I sent him your way.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:46 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Dayton products!

Dayton products like crossovers, drivers, inductors, resistors, capacitors etc. are really good for the money!.I have build some Dayton speakers using Dayton cabinets too and I can only say good things about it.

Here in the USA we have Parts Express.com that carries all Dayton products.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:57 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi, thats really good to hear. I think Dayton audio products have been neglected here in nz and aus because of the high shipping costs. We are working very hard to keep prices reasonable, so everyone can enjoy DIY no matter what their budget is. But parts express is a great site, we are resellers with them. A HUGE selection. I have to say, those dayton kits look very good value for money. Cabinets usually cost alot of money, and they dayton ones look like very good value!
Old 24th February 2010, 01:21 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Cameron,
Good luck in your endeavors on that part of the world. I know people on the Asia part of the world (Taiwan, Hong Kong) might like that too (commercial, PR) how knows. Theres a lot going on we don't know (to and from).

I always look at the potential of the racetracks oval shaped (TB's W69s, others) as a nice substitute for Kefs (old school) but the main spec (Fs=35Hz) is always so far way to start with (maybe the W8Q is better with Fs=27Hz). I never did the Kef's anyway, just in case or for a new prototype, the IMF's being one of them.
The Reference's (IMF electronics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lae2 View Post
I have not been able to find a kit offering that included a finished cabinet with matched high efficiency drivers suitable for a sub-10 watt amplifier. Madisound comes close but you have to be a woodworker. Dayton strikes out; at least, on the surface.
lae2, you should look at PiSpeakers, if you didn't yet. Lot's of wood to choose from, Ash, Birch, Maple, Walnut, Figured Walnut, Birdseye Maple; Polyurethane, Lacquer, Tung Oil, Unfinished.

Last edited by Inductor; 24th February 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!