Corona Plasma Tweeter, Lansche Horns & Open Baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi 3GGG,

It has evolved,

No longer bothering with the OB.

No not finished but it has developed into a 4 way horn system and is set up like an avantgarde trio.

Plasma tweeter, 50cm mid horn, 100cm midbass horn and lascala basshorn.

The frequency ranges for each driver 35-160-400-2500-150,000

The plasmas are amazing to listen to, i'm making arrangements to paint the horns candy apple red and i'm just working out the cost of the stands.

When it is done i will post pictures - hopefully in a couple of months.

Cheers,

Oh, that should be a great system.
Any news?

Lots of news guys, I have constructed them and they are fully running.

They are set up active with 4 stereo amps and a Mini DSP crossover. They took 6 months of random weekend work to make and i am stoked with the performance. So much so that i sold my other speakers straight away.

Where i am at is to make the brackets to attached the plasma tweeters and have the whole system measured and Xover tweaked.

check out these picks;

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Looks great ... hows the sound?

It is very open, very detailed and dynamic, just what i was hoping for. Once it is measured and i adjust the cross over more, it will tie in the focus much better and improve the depth of field.

I was part of the group buy here on the Fane drivers and they are sweet! The mid horn was designed for the tweeter and it is working rather nicely. What you don't see is the mid and midbass horns are damped - the cylindrical chambers are filled with the sand.

I'm currently using 18" bass drivers, they are intergrating nicely. When i have a chance, i will make klipschorns to fill in that role.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.