can this amp damage the speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have this amp and this woofer :devily:

the amp should have a nominal output power about 35W and the peak power input for the speaker is 200W.

i'm afraid, that the big size of the box gives a possibility for the cone to move too far and then the voicecoil could be damaged or something else bad could happen.

so is it safe to drive the woofer on maximum power? it rumbles already in half power

Hello KSL,

It looks like yoou Mits amp is 2 channel and your Pyramid sub is single voice coil.

The sub says it is rated at 200w in the proper enclosure. Your enclosure looks way big.

If the enclosure is way too big you will damage the amp and/or sub.

If you hook up only one channel of the amp you can also have problems.

Thanks

KevinLee

i would go and buy a nice cheap 100 watt power amp even if it is a reciever eve if you have to repair it. more power is better than less power. just because the speaker says a certan value (X) doesn't mean that it will either use it all or need it all. you can take a 50 watt speaker and put more than 50 watts into it. depending on box power of amp stabillity and other factors..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.