Sears SP-2005

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I bought a pair of speakers at a thrift store.
I hooked them to my spair solidstate reciever and they work well.

I want to know people's opinions on this model, how old it is and stuff like that. They are in really good physical condition, very well taken care of. I paid
$7 for the pair.

Specs:

Speaker compliment:

1x 8"woofer
1x 3" tweeter

Impedance: 8 ohm

Maximum input rating: 15 watt

Made in Korea

My limited experience with Sears speakers is that they have models with decent drivers, but the overall design and implementation is very poor. I don't know about yours though. Can you post a few pictures of the drivers, and of the insides?

ig

I just got a 4.0 megapixal digital camera from the thrift store.
The camera is from europe! It has beautiful pictures on the 64 MB sd card of some
place in europe. France? it is from 2002, and I paid $3 for it and the good bag and
nice long USB cable.

I tried it, the pitcture quality is crap. But it is better then not having a camera at all.

Last edited:
My limited experience with Sears speakers is that they have models with decent drivers, but the overall design and implementation is very poor. I don't know about yours though. Can you post a few pictures of the drivers, and of the insides?

ig

Oh sorry, I posted too quick without reading closely.
Give me a few minutes to unscrew the back and take a pic of the drivers.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Looks just like my old Sony 2-ways

Just a guess but generic 8inch 8R driver with a good mid-range run full. as that is a first order high pass; single cap in line with the tweeter.

Boxes look OK, may be worth your while to play a little bit with the XO or replace the tweeter with a bigger one and add a super tweeter but not to spend too many dollars

I just got a 4.0 megapixal digital camera from the thrift store.
The camera is from europe! It has beautiful pictures on the 64 MB sd card of some
place in europe. France? it is from 2002, and I paid $3 for it and the good bag and
nice long USB cable.

I tried it, the pitcture quality is crap. But it is better then not having a camera at all.

Does being from Europe make it good? BTW it looked pretty good after you sorted it out. What's the camera?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
if Dave says it's a good one then use as a midrange or in a 2.5 way, mine sound very good when crossed over around 200.

Boxes may be junk but could be made better, ask Dave if he has a tweeter to match ( Dave that old open back Coral with the 1/2 liter enclosure?? ) that can be crossed very low.

Does being from Europe make it good? BTW it looked pretty good after you sorted it out. What's the camera?

I just think Europian tech rules. The camera is a "820" 4.0 Mega Pixal camera with a LCD screen. It is made by "Trust" a company over in Europe.
Came with a 64 mb sd card. I have a 256 mb card, but it only supports up to 128 mb, so I am stuck. I got it for about $4

I'd use it for dissasembly shots, maybe a family photo here and there.

Being it is only 4.0 MP, I decided to take photos at the best quality the camera will do. Well, it is made in 2002.

Neat thing is that it is kind on batteries, I tried dying batteries and it worked along just fine.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I couldn't agree more. I had two Powershot S10 2 Mpixel cameras. A couple times i borrowed higher rez cameras and they took worse pictures. My current 10 Mpixel Canon (the 1st ones died eventually) really takes no better pictures.

Also to further confuse things is a switch from CCD sensors to CMOS sensors. The number of pixels cannot be directly compared.

In the end the lens is more important.

dave

I bought a new Canon A470 7.1 MP camera in early 2008.
http://best4digitalcameras.com/files/canon-red-digital-camera.jpg

I had gotten later an old Canon A400 4.x MP camera for free because it was broken.
http://www.ferra.ru/images/170/170416.jpg

It had printer ink spilled on it, so I took it apart and cleaned out the controlls and cleaned the contacts on the ribbon cable for the little LCD screen. It worked perfectly after! It took beautiful prictures.

A friend of mine in Luxembourg didn't own a camera so I sent hom the A400
and kept my new A470. He loves it, and he is very thankful. I enjoyed fixing it, and I am happy a friend can enjoy using it.

The A470 ATE batteries, I blamed the rechargable batteries, but later on I read no, it is just a PIG.
This was after I sent the A400 to me mate in Luxembourg. The one I sent him was good on batteries. Oh well.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.