High Bid Auction! Speaker Testing Jig.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I have been working on a design for a speaker testing jig for a while and I finally have it "perfected". Thread is HERE and shows all of the neat features. Basically it plugs straight into the soundcard on your computer and works with Speaker Workshop, Arta, Holm Impulse, etc. It has a built in power amp (this one has an LM1875) to directly drive the test speaker. Quite stunning actually. :)

So I have finalized the design and built a new unit:

NPX_161.JPG

And that left me with this previous version:

NPX_013.JPG

Which is fully functional and operates as well as the new one, it also lights up as shown in the pic :cool:. The changes in the new one were mostly cosmetic.
A problem I have is that every time I come up with a new and improved revision, I strip the previous one to build the new one and throw away a lot of the parts that I used. Circuit board goes in the trash, parts too fragile or low cost to remove go with it. A waste. I didn't do that this time, so now I have two on hand and it seems a shame to dismantle this one.

Now to the point: I want to auction the "old" jig off and donate the proceeds to DIYAudio. I think it could be fun :)

The winning bidder (assuming there are any bids :D) gets the unit and will be credited with the donation (custom title, special love and attention from the mods...etc.:D). The jig runs on a 12VAC (or higher) 1A wallwart that is not included. Winning bidder is responsible for shipping cost.

Auction will run 7 days and will close at 9:00 EST on February 9, 2010.
I'll start the bidding at $10 (there's more than 2 times that much in parts alone). Be generous!
Post bids here and please only post if you are serious about paying.
If you have any questions, please use the ORIGINAL THREAD to post them.
Good luck!

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Wow, you guys didn't waste any time did you?
:)
Good going!

PS: Just to clarify - it's the black one that is up for auction, not the sexy red one;)
The unit is quite small (6" x 2" x 4") and light so it will be cheap to ship.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.