Speaker Workshop not returning freq. response. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Juggy is offline Juggy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Speaker Workshop not returning freq. response.

Hi;

I have spent a number of hours over the last few days with speaker workshop and trying to get a frequency response bot near-field and far-field. I have gone through Claudio's complete setup procedure (less the impedance, i am using another software for impedance testing). I have triple checked my wiring and volumes setup.

The first (rather trivial) problem was that i did not have phantom power on my mic pre-amp, so i got another mic-preamp that has phantom power. I checked my sound card and it is all working correctly.

I checked all the cables, connections and still, when i go to do a near-field response, i am getting a flat line across the spectrum.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm just about out of ways to figure out the root cause of this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jugveer
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

Post pictures of your measurement.in.l and r, and your measurement.out files.
It is very important to review these. Make sure your markers encompass the impulse.
Old 3rd February 2010, 02:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It is also important to check the soundcard's latency. I have 2 Intel PC's. One shows a latency of 1msec and works fine with SW.

The newer PC has a latency of 20msec, but even after adjusting for that, the Impulse and Freq response are all wrong.

Hide this!Advertise here!