new cabinets? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th January 2010, 07:02 PM   #31
Cmac16 is offline Cmac16  Canada
diyAudio Member

no i've decided to just put a darker coat of stain on the mach ones, i like em too much haha.

and just for referance, those speakers hanging from the ceiling are perfectly dirrected, and i actually get a really nice full sound out of them alone. plus it was my best mounting option. taking up no space.

i know i need a new receiver dont worry, its just going to take a while to save up haha, one day when i have the money i'll start planning out a full entertainment system. but till then im just trying to make what i have sound better.

can somone point in the dirrection of some good center channel designs?

another question, what are home audio subs usually tuned to? im used to spl and tuning to like 32hz. . .

and on a side note, i'd like to say this is a great forum, i've had nothing but good information given to be by serious people. its a nice relief
Old 31st January 2010, 03:23 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

sooo. update!

as i said yesterday i sanded down the mach ones and put a good coat of stain on them and they look beautiful!

also, i took my large sub (tuned to 36hz) and put it under the tv; it raises the screen up and now i can relax a little further back on the couch

and also its a bit ghetto, but it actually turned out to work and sound great... the tv itself has an internal amp, and you can either use the speakers on the tv or an external pair soo. . . .

i took the subwoofer out from my amp to the sound input on the tv. utilizing the amplifyer in the tv as power for the 12" sub under the tv. fortunatly the sub out on the amp has a crossover

and as i said, i know its ghetto. but im broke and its what i got and it works
when i can afford better speakers and plate amps they will come!

thanks for looking, and i always appreciate input!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 31st January 2010, 04:35 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Talking Oh boy do I know broke

OK

Here is a second suggestion if you have a spare stereo amp around ( 50 - 100 watts?? )

Get a three splitters (Y-cables) run the receivers sub pre-out to the a "Y" cable, then double out on each leg of the Y so that you have 4 sub out connections
Use the ceiling mounted L / R use the Tandy Mach-1 as sub-woofers with whatever amp you can find cheap.
This would allow you to put the subs in corners or wherever you get the strongest bass.
Best of luck finding a couple of cheap amps at a yard sale or thrift shop

Old 31st January 2010, 04:38 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

the sub i have can pretty much handle any power i throw at it, i have to wait till tomorrow when the house is empty to turn it up and see how it really sounds
Old 31st January 2010, 04:46 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Multiple subs just sound so much better, and it is difficult to have too much bass
Old 31st January 2010, 04:47 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

ok i get what your saying. i was kinda thinking of doing something like that

Hide this!Advertise here!