B&C 8PE21 or 18sound 6ND410 - What to choose?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a small high efficiency midrange to be crossed over to the B&C DE10. Both the midrange and the DE10 will have their own wooden mdf waveguide. I allready have a pair of B&C 8PE21 at hand, but im uncertain if its the best alternative for my application. Ive also considered Fostex FE126E. My most important criteria is:

- No fatique!
- Good dynamics
- Easiest crossover possible. (it will be active between bass and midrange)

Do someone have experience with these two drivers, or any opinions?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
The likelihood of you finding someone here who has compared/measured two different size Pro drivers is rare, because most 'philes are scared of them and stick to only the brand names they know. But here are two sets of measurements by different people, so make of that what you will, as well as a couple of others.
6ND410
8PS21 - not quite the same, but should give you some idea.
8ndl51
8NMB420/
Augerpro's Photobucket = maybe some others in here you might find of interest.

Now, make a decision and build something.

The likelihood of you finding someone here who has compared/measured two different size Pro drivers is rare, because most 'philes are scared of them and stick to only the brand names they know. But here are two sets of measurements by different people, so make of that what you will, as well as a couple of others.
6ND410
8PS21 - not quite the same, but should give you some idea.
8ndl51
8NMB420/
Augerpro's Photobucket = maybe some others in here you might find of interest.

Now, make a decision and build something.

Thanks for the great reply! :)

But.... Is there ANY 4-8 inch high efficiency midranges that DONT have severe breakup in the upper region? :(

Maybe the driver im looking for dont exist...

Thanks for the great reply! :)

But.... Is there ANY 4-8 inch high efficiency midranges that DONT have severe breakup in the upper region? :(

Maybe the driver im looking for dont exist...

Hi Defo,

I have good results using the 5.25" P.Audio WN-520N in a conical horn covering the 280-1340 Hz range.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The P.Audio driver is a little monster with a huge neodynium motor:

http://www.paudio.ru/downloads/WN-520N.pdf

Best regards
Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.